Are you new to the iPhone?
Do you want to transfer your important WhatsApp data from your current Android to the new iPhone?
Here we will be providing you some important information about the different tools that may help you in transferring all the data without any unnecessary problem. They may ask you to pay some bucks but you will definitely not regret using it.
Transferring the WhatsApp data from Android To iOS
The Android Vs iOS war is there since the two came face to face in the world of hand gadgets. Where Android ensures ease and convenience the iOS offers safety and security. Most people think that moving from Android to iOS will deprive you of essential data, especially the one available on WhatsApp , including your messages, media files and similar. If you have finally decided to move from Android to iOS you have to bid farewell to the data on the system but if it is related to the apps you can handle it by moving to the other system.
For those who can’t stay away from WhatsApp just because it is an instant messaging application. Despite its popularity it can give you hard times because it does not allow migrating the data of all sorts especially if you are switching not merely the device but the OS too.
WhatsApp does not permit moving the chat data between two different OS. while in Android the data can be backed up by Google Drive while in case of iOS the iCloud is used to secure the data for the future. Hence, it is not possible to sync the data across two completely different OS used to operate the devices. If you are using telegram then you can easily keep the data as it has auto backup, permitting you to enjoy multi-device login and syncing across the operating systems.
If you are having a gut feeling that this switching between the OS will deprive you of your data then here is a guideline to let you know how in just a few simple ways you can switch to another OS but still preserve your data especially that is related to WhatsApp.
Easy Ways to Transfer the WhatsApp Chats
Here are the top three ways of moving your WhatsApp data from Android to iOS.
1. Transferring with Wondershare Dr.Fone – WhatsApp Transfer
Wondershare’s Dr.Fone is a reliable way of transferring the WhatsApp data from Android to iOS. It ensures seamless migration of all chats from your Android to iOS. All you need to handle this process is the App that must be successfully installed on the device. After installing the Wondershare Dr.Fone app on your PC you can handle the required task successfully.
The transfer process comprises two different steps. It starts with backing up the data first on your PC and then restoring it to your respective iOS.
Connect your Android phone to the PC and select the option of “Backup Whatsapp messages”. This will initiate the backup process.
Once the Android is detected by the PC you need to follow the directions appearing on the system.
Go to the settings and alter the WhatsApp backup settings. You need to follow the path including Settings > Chats > Chat backup. Click on the option of ‘Never’ backup to Google Drive. You need to proceed by clicking on BACKUP and then ‘Next’ on Dr.Fone.
As you see the next prompt on the screen tap to install. If there is no prompt on the screen click on ‘show again’ in Dr.Fone app.
You can now get back all the messages on Android.
Once the backup process completes you can easily verify the backup by checking the option of “View”.
- It is now time to connect the destination iOS device where you want to transfer your WhatsApp chats. Go to the option “Restore to device” and click to start the restoring process. Go to the recent WhatsApp backup file, select it and click “Next”.
- You will see a new window. Choose to “Restore”. Dr.Fone will start the restoration of the data after just one click.
- Let the process complete. If the progress meter shows 100 percent it means that the data has successfully moved to the iOS.
Price of Dr.Fone
Dr.Fone is known as one of the earliest tools to handle the transfer. The basic features do not support the inter OS transfer of the WhatsApp data. There is nothing to worry as after a certain cost you can enjoy the minimum plan titled “Restore Social App (iOS & Android)”. It will help you get a one-year license that is valid for five devices. It is not too costly as well because all you have to pay is just $30 or Rs. 2,200 approx.
2. Transferring via Email Chat Method
There is no official permission of moving the messages from Android to iOS or vice-versa. Here are the steps that you need to follow to use the email chat for the transfer of the data.
- Open the WhatsApp application on your Android device.
- Open WhatsApp’s Settings page and then section named “Chats”
- Look at the “Chat History” and tap on it.
- Choose to “Export chat” so that the messages can be sent using an e-mail.
- Select the target chat as in this method as it is not possible to email all chats related to your WhatsApp account.
- You can choose to share the chat backup email with someone else. You can do this by adding an email address or leaving the field empty.
- You can save it as a draft inside the Gmail app for future reference.
- You can now read the messages in the email but you cannot restore it to the iOS device inside the WhatsApp messenger app.
We have suggested the best working methods for transferring WhatsApp messages from Android to iOS. They ensure a safe, convenient and efficient way of handling the transfer. As per the experience of the users and the expert advice the easiest of all is Dr.Fone’s WhatsApp transfer. The email chat can support one or two chats, but it is not recommended to handle multiple chats at the same time.
Follow Techdee for more!